Tuesday, February 18, 2014

blinders - a tuesday ramble



One of the hardest things for me is putting up my "blinders."  I like to watch people and I often find myself beating up on myself for all the things I am not able to accomplish.  I forget to stop looking at others long enough to realize that I am accomplishing my own "great things" in my world.

I am beginning to understand that everyone struggles to feel adequate and "good enough."  We all want to feel accomplished, successful, and loved.  Looking away from others long enough to embrace the "party" of our life is oh-so-important.  If we don't - we begin to resent, envy, and covet the accomplishments of others while ignoring the happiness in our lives.

I think the world's biggest lie is that we need to prove our worth through our appearance and accomplishments.  We don't.  Our worth rests in the hands of our Savior and He loves us at all times, in all things, and in all places.

We can stop hurting one another by extinguishing those stupid flames of competition.  Admiring one another makes us stronger while competing/coveting makes us weak.   We don't have to be perfect to be of worth.  Our worth is already there and life can be so amazing when we trust in God - not man - to define it for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment