Monday, February 11, 2008

Trains

I am constantly amazed at how much Conner remembers and understands. He is amazing! The other day, I spent the morning cleaning the house. I told Conner that if he “helped” (a.k.a. follow me around with dry rags) and “cooperated” (a.k.a watch Elmo and play with his toys), that we would go and see the trains at Barnes and Nobles after the house was clean.

At 10:30 am the house was clean but it was apparent that Conner needed a nap. I quickly explained that tired boys do not have as much fun with trains and promised him that we would go after his nap. He did not argue and went right to sleep…or so I thought. I was on the computer in the room next to his room working on stuff for our business, and never heard him stop playing or talking. Twenty minutes later, he started calling for me. When I went into the room he quickly said “train, train”. I asked him if he had taken a nap and he said “no”.

When I set him down he quickly grabbed a dry diaper, his shoes, a jacket, and ran to the garage door and pronounced “Go! Trains!” Needless to say, we went to Barnes and Noble quickly, and Conner had a great time playing with the trains.

Lesson learned: I can't expect Conner to take a nap if he is told that he is going to do something fun after – wow he is super smart and is growing up fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment